Thursday, October 12, 2017

Harvey Weinstein

  For this week, I will be deviating from my blog topic to discuss what is happening right now in the media concerning Harvey Weinstein and his disgusting treatment of women. So far, 27 women have spoken out against Weinstein and I bet more will come forward because this horrible man has been in the Hollywood business for so long, and I know he has harassed more women throughout his long career.
    All of these women are so brave for sharing their stories, and I applaud them for coming forward to the world, the media. Harvey Weinstein, thankfully, has been terminated from his job as head of the Weinstein Company but I know he was terminated because he was outed. His company must've known his terrible behavior and for the sake of money, they kept quiet. He now says he will seek help for his sex addiction by checking himself into rehab. Let's face it- he's just a very messed up man who gets off by degrading and harassing women.
    I hope this revelation about Weinstein manages to fix some of the corruption in Hollywood, that women rise up and are treated with respect as we deserve, that we're treated as equals and not as objects for men to get off to. We deserve more.

No comments:

Post a Comment