Thursday, November 2, 2017

Discrimination against Latinos

So today I was browsing the Internet when I stumbled upon this https://phys.org/news/2017-11-poll-one-third-latinos-experienced-discrimination.html and I saw an image that I found interesting which I will post below. It shows the percent of Latinos that have reported different forms of discrimination because of their race. For example, 37% percent have reported that they've been called racist slurs, and 20% percent have reported violence against them.

It made me think of the time I was called a racist slur because I'm Mexican. I was told, along with my family, to mow some white man's lawn. It's infuriating that this is 2017, and we still have grown people behaving in this manner. It's disgusting. Being told that by someone was jarring, and it's not just a handful of people. So many Latinos are treated with disrespect that they had to make multiple surveys about it!

These surveys show me America still has a long way to go.



No comments:

Post a Comment